What is the Engineering Enrolment and Degrees Awarded Report?
The Engineering Enrolment and Degrees Awarded Report is an annual survey of Canada's undergraduate and postgraduate university engineering programs that assesses trends in part- and full-time engineering enrolment and degrees awarded over a five-year period.
Why is the Engineering Enrolment and Degrees Awarded Report important?
The research findings highlight enrolment trends in part-time and full-time engineering programs, depict enrolment trends by discipline and institution, and determine the number of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees awarded each year. Furthermore, the report highlights specific employment, education and gender trends, such as:
- the number of engineering graduates available to the labour market
- the number of international students studying in to Canada
- enrolment trends in the undergraduate, Master’s and PhD levels
- the number of students studying in co-op programs
- the number of men and women studying and graduating from engineering
How is the Engineering Enrolment and Degrees Awarded Report developed?
- Data is provided by the universities to Engineers Canada
- Data is sent by Engineers Canada to an independent research firm for analysis
- Engineers Canada shares the report of findings with its stakeholders
- Engineers Canada posts the report on this page for the public
When is the report published?
The Engineering Enrolment and Degrees Awarded Report is published annually in the fall.
How do I obtain a copy of the report?
- Read the 2016 report
- Read the 2015 report
- Read the 2014 report
- Read the 2013 report..
- Read the 2012 report..
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org